Monday 13 October 2014

Week 17: Croque Monsieur

An easy one this week, but I never said that I wouldn’t do easy, just new to me! But it is one that clears up a little ambiguity; if I were to ask you exactly what a croquet monsieur is, would you be able to tell me? When telling friends what I’d made these are some of the things said to me:
  • That’s the one with the béchamel sauce, right?
  • That’s with eggs, isn’t it?
  • Isn’t it just a fancy name for a ham sandwich?

Hearing such things made me realise that I wasn’t so naïve in not knowing exactly what it was and so, seeking the right recipe, I sought out a Frenchie chef to give me the recipe.

More to follow....!! (13th Oct 2014) Basically stick it in a frying pan with butter. So that's why it tastes so good!




No comments:

Post a Comment